As I patiently wait for my perfect book nook chair to show up at my apartment (it’s supposed to get here in early February) I have started to think more seriously about the small knickknacks that will make my book nook mine versus anyone’s.
One of those things is an accent pillow for the chair of my dreams. I really love cross stitching and want to incorporate that love into my accent pillow. I told my mom about my plans and she offered to help me make a personalized cross stitch pattern that I can stitch onto a pillowcase. Clearly, it makes sense to incorporate a book-inspired quote (hence the pillow talk title).
I’ve found ten quotes that I really like– ones that are generic book nerd phrases and ones that are iconic quotes created by a handful of notable authors. I honestly think the hardest part is going to be deciding which quote I want. I’m holding onto the fact that if I can’t narrow the quotes down to one, pillows have two sides. Here are the ten quotes I like most:
1. Just one more chapter…
2. A room without books is like a body without a soul. -Cicero
3. Books are a unique portable magic. -Stephen King
4. So many books, so little time.
5. Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book. -Bill Patterson
6. You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me. -C.S. Lewis
7. I work so my books have better shelf lives.
8. A book is a dream you hold in your hands. -Neil Gaiman
9. We read to know we’re not alone. -William Nicholson
10. The world was hers for the reading. -Betty Smith
I feel myself leaning towards quotes 3, 6, and 10 — what are your thoughts? Feel free to comment here or on my Instagram post about this article!