I found out this week that my chair is officially in transit to my apartment! This is huge. I mean, gigantic. How many words can I come up with that mean monumental? As my boyfriend likes to remind me, there are very few people that have ever been this excited about a chair, but I am so excited I could burst!
Knowing that the chair is now in transit, I’ve grown antsy. I don’t know what to do with myself– obviously I can read or watch Netflix and during the week I have work, but in the back of my head the thought is always looming– the chair is almost here!
In an attempt to distract myself, I decided to answer some book themed Would You Rather questions so you all get to know me a little bit better while I talk about one of my favorite things. Thanks to Buzzfeed and Bookstr for the inspiration. Check out their full lists here, here, and here.
1. Would you rather drop your favorite book in the toilet or watch it fall into a wood chipper?
I would go with the wood chipper– unless there’s nothing in the toilet. While it would be heartbreaking to watch my favorite book get torn to shreds, I think it would be more heartbreaking to have to throw out my favorite book because it was tarnished by excrement.
2. Would you rather love a book everyone hates or hate a book everyone loves?
I’d go with loving a book everyone hates because it would mean I didn’t waste my time reading a book I didn’t enjoy.
3. Would you rather read only the first page of a book or only the last page of a book?
I’d rather only read the last page of a book. There’s usually a level of satisfaction you can find on the last page of a book even if you haven’t read the rest of it.
4. Would you rather lose the ability to read any new books or the ability to reread books you’ve already read?
I would rather lose the ability to reread books I’ve already read. It’s nice to return to an old favorite, but there’s nothing like reading a book for the first time.
5. Would you rather lose your place or get a paper cut every time you read a book?
I’ll go with the paper cut because I’m pretty confident I already get a paper cut every time I read in the first place.
6. Would you rather be stuck on a very long plane or train ride without a book?
Definitely the plane ride. There are usually small TVs on planes and I also feel much more comfortable falling asleep on a plane than I do on a train– aka more activities to keep me occupied.
7. Would you rather build Belle’s library in your home or restore the library of Alexandria?
I’ve dreamed of having Belle’s library since 1998. That would be impossible to pass up.
8. Would you rather be a professional reviewer or a famous author?
I want both…but I’d rather be a famous author.
9. Would you rather read only series or only stand-alones?
I’ve been on more of a stand-alone kick recently so I’ll go with that one, but I’m sure that could change if I find a series I really liked again.
10. Would you rather have unlimited free books for a lifetime or live inside your favorite book?
There was a time not too long ago that I would have chosen a life inside my favorite book. But, reality is going pretty well for me– even in the middle of all the world’s turmoil– so I’m going to go with unlimited free books for a lifetime.
These questions are posted to The Book Nook Chronicles’s Instagram story, so feel free to answer along there or comment your thoughts below.